2012-06-20

My first BMC Atrium Orchestrator project

I am now working on my first BMC Atrium Orchestrator project. I went to the admin course a couple of months ago and didn't have the chance to do any real work with the product until now. It is quite fun and challenging because of the very tight time schedule.

I am supposed to integrate our BMC Remedy ITSM with a vendors system. First we are focusing in sending incidents over web-services back and forth. After this we will continue with changes and problems and later probably even service requests.

I have never worked with web-services before so there are a couple of things that I have to learn. Even working with XML is new for me but that shouldn't be too hard I guess, because orchestrator helps a lot in that area.

So far I have built orchestrator processes that query ARS for incident information, updates the incident with vendor ticket ID and relates work info and another incident to the original incident. I got some hints from some work that a consultant did for us so that saved me some time. Now I am struggling with the vendors system because it doesn't like the HTTP header I'm sending. Strange because it worked OK when I was doing the same to the mock service in soapUI.

1 comment:

  1. I found that Orchestrator is sending the default value of "POST" but the WSDL is expecting a more specific soapAction of the function I am calling. The correct value can be found in the WSDL definition. I changed the value and now I got a better response. So one step forward. :)

    ReplyDelete